Steps is suitable for adult learners. It is used by a number of tertiary or vocational training institutions. It can also be used in the workplace.
- Learners can enter their own words into Steps and practise them as much as they want.
- Tutors/trainers can customize Steps to reinforce course materials or workplace vocabulary.
- Employers can create wordbanks to teach their staff important vocabulary
- Workplace literacy tutors can use Steps to support their teaching
- Adults from other countries can use Steps to learn English
Steps can cover:
- Health and safety words (including reading signs)
- Workplace vocabulary
- Technical terminology
- Basic literacy
Some employers who want to support their staff to improve literacy even provide them with a Home Edition of Steps, which they can work through independently. This version of Steps can be used by up to 5 people – it can help the whole family!
Many training providers work with learners who have struggled with literacy in the school system. Steps is a breakthrough for many of these learners, who experience success for the very first time!