29 June 2018
9.30 – 3.00 pm
Steps Training Course - Stage 2
Nayland Primary School,
225 Nayland Road,
Suitable for teachers, RTLBs, teacher aides or tutors who are already using Steps and remedial workbook courses. Participants should ideally have done the Stage 1 course.
This course provides an opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues which have arisen in your school, learn from others’ experiences, resolve any issues and move to the next level!
This course will cover StepsWeb A-F and StepsWeb 1-6, the Steps software programme, StepsWeb and using the Schools Resource Pack materials.
- Discussion/question opportunities. Raise questions which are relevant to your school/learners
- Opportunity to re-cap any areas from the Stage 1 course which are causing uncertainty
- Revision of 3,3,3 and Word Race system
- Introduction to new features on Steps/StepsWeb
- Advanced features, including customizing Steps for individuals or creating whole courses for your school
- Using a range of screening tests to identify specific processing difficulties
- Using the hands-on game/activity materials in the Schools Resource Pack. Caution – this part is hands-on!
- Supplementary teaching activities from StepsWeb and the Resource Manuals. This includes the auditory discrimination listening skills course.
Certificate of Attendance: Those people wanting a certificate of attendance can contact us directly and we will provide an electronic copy for you to print.
A condition of certification is that the whole day’s course is completed. We do understand that people sometimes need to disappear a little early, but we feel unable to award the certificate if attendees have missed more than a maximum of 10-15 minutes at the end of the course.
Spaces limited – booking essential.
Morning tea included. Participants are asked to bring their own lunch.